The Manipulative Therapy Diploma Course is currently the highest award offered by the Northern Institute. Applicants must already possess The N.I School of Massages Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma or hold an equivalent qualification with evidence of successful clinical experience.
This Diploma has a theoretical homestudy component, attendance at required seminars and is examined by a written examination and an external examiner for practical assessment.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants for this Course must have either:-
- The Northern Institute's Diploma in Advanced Remedial Massage
- OR the Diploma in Sports Therapy (accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists)
- OR an equivalent advanced qualification from a recognised Institution/school/College
- Additionally, applicants should be able to display that they have good, professional, clinical experience.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT HOLD 'NIM' QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT THEIR CV ALONG WITH THE COURSE APPLICATION FORM.
Michael Kerr is the principal tutor for both Londonderry and Bury.
The tuition is very practical and carefully supervised by the tutors and the new manipulative and mobilising techniques are taught to the small groups permitted on this course. The new techniques will greatly enhance your ability to successfully treat a wide range of patients.
- Intro to the Course: The Cervical Spine & Head
- The Thoracic Spine, Ribs & Sternum
- Lumbar Spine
- Advanced Neuromuscular Techniques
- The Sacrum & Pelvis
- Techniques Revision & Practical Skills Assessment/Course Conclusion
- Alternative Pain Management/Written Examination